At London Smiling, we believe in a holistic approach to dental care. This means we aim to treat the whole person, and that we look after all your concerns not just your dental health.
Our dentists in London can help you with several dental procedures, such as dental braces, smile makeovers, crowns, veneers, root canals, fillings and more. Dr Uchenna Okoye has been featured in various press and media publications, including the “10 years younger” programme on Channel 4.
We offer only Private dentistry.
Channel 4's makeover show, 10 Years Younger has a refreshed line up, including our very own Dr. Uchenna Okoye as the resident cosmetic dentist.
Scroll though before and after examples of how our smile treatments have changed lives.
Dr Uchenna is on hand to answer any questions you may have on building a beautiful smile.
Tooth be told, there is a lot of misinformation and misunderstanding surrounding our teeth. Whether it be what stands as proper dental care, or what reasons we should seek dental professionals out for, there are things many people believe that have dentists concerned.
Here are some of the top myths that I hear, debunked:
1. “Teeth whitening is harmful” – there’s no reason to lose colour when you think of teeth whitening services as there’s nothing to fret about. All teeth whitening treatments provided by your dentist have been assessed and many professionals can attest to them.
2. “You can’t go to the dentist while pregnant” – not only is visiting your dentist for a routine check-up safe, it’s vital! Cleanings and simple procedures, like cavity fillings, can be taken care of before your baby is born. There’s absolutely nothing to worry about – your dentist can even help alleviate certain pregnancy symptoms.
3. “You don’t need to floss if you brush” – you can’t have one without the other. If you don’t floss between teeth regularly, you run the risk of increased gum disease, dental plaque build-up, and cavities. Brushing only cleans the visible parts of your teeth, so make sure to floss to tackle those behind-the-scenes areas.
4. “If my teeth don’t hurt, they’re healthy” – often, conditions such as tooth decay don’t exhibit explicit symptoms until it’s already quite advanced. Dental professionals can spy the earlier symptoms that, while they’re not causing you pain, can eventually develop into something rather painful. Ouch. Save your teeth and visit a dentist!
5. “Sugar-free soda is okay to drink” – although they may contain low to no levels of sugar, many fizzy drinks contain high-levels of citric, carbonic, or phosphoric acid that can erode the surface of teeth enamel.
My mind is still waaaaaay over on xmas yet already easter eggs are in the shops and everywhere we are being bombarded with the commandment to love…has to involve buying presents or cards of course!
So in the same spirit I turn my attention to Valentine’s Day and our most popular treatment during this time? Teeth Whitening
You have dark-stained teeth, you avoid looking directly in the mirror as you can’t face seeing your teeth
Their colour reminds you more of daffodils than lilies and you finally decide it’s time to whiten them…good idea? Definitely! This is actually one of my favourite treatments, noone minds coming to see me for treatment that day.
Whiter teeth have been shown to make you look younger, more attractive, more intelligent and above all boost confidence; what’s not to like!
However, before you get it done, make sure the right person is doing it for you. It is a totally safe procedure, as long as it is carried out by dental professionals; in fact it is illegal if anyone else does it for you!
So stay safe and make sure you ask the following questions before handing over your money:
My Top Questions To Ask
Are you registered with the GDC (General Dental Council)? – If the answer is no, then bolt! Only registered professionals are allowed to do teeth whitening
Which dental school did you train in? – Another subtle way to check they are fully qualified
Will you carry out a comprehensive exam before we go ahead with treatment? – You want to be sure any problems are dealt with first, can include anything from cavities to gum disease
What if I have problems during the treatment? – Check that there is a contingency plan, as it’s when problems occur that experience matters
How much experience have you had doing this treatment?
There is no problem in asking questions, any good dentist will welcome them, at Londonsmiling we truly love talking teeth!
So please send me any questions you might have!
What a beautiful week it has been in London – all I can say is I’ve got my fingers crossed the sun carries on shining for the rest of spring, or at least until the weekend so that the day is brightened up for all of our lovely mummy’s! I’ve always loved to spoil my mother and over the years I’ve done various things to celebrate this day, so this week I thought I’d share with you her favourite’s. Hope your enjoy!